Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Week Later...

Well it's been just over a week since my last post. This comes with good reason. After a high bp appt with my doc on Wednesday, he asked me to check back on Thursday. After another appt with high bp, the doc decided to induce if I felt comfortable. Well, as miserable as I have been, I was ready...but nervous. He checked me to make sure I was "ready" and sure enough...I'd gone from fingertip dilated to 3 cm overnight.

With this scheduled, I raced into work, had a nice lunch with Sara and proceeded to clear out my desk and prepare for the temp. I was supposed to be in there training her this week...but that clearly wasn't in the plans!

So, Julie came over on Friday morning at about 5 am to stay with Roo and get her off to school. With that, we left for the hospital.

at 7 am they started my pitocin and at 7:30 my doc broke my water. Within about 10 minutes I was contracting every 3-4 minutes. By 9:30 I requested my epi and was at 5 cm. A little after 11 am, I felt tremendous pressure and made the nurse check me. I was already 10 and Jack's head was "right there." Immediately the nurses came in and started setting up. Once my doc got there I started pushing. I pushed for about 10 minutes ( through 3 cntx) and there he was!!! He started crying within about 5 seconds and is doing well! :-)

John "Jack" Malcolm Brown was delivered at 11:37 am. 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long.

On Jack's Birthday


Homecoming


Jack and Riley


5 days old

5 comments:

mamafish said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He's Beautiful! Enjoy it ALL (and I wish you sleep!)

katie said...

Oh Elizabeth, he is adorable!! Congrats to you and the family. Does Roo absolutely love him?? Hope you are getting some sleep!

Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute...I can't wait to meet him! I hope you are getting rest and taking care of yourself too! Give my love to the rest of the fam. love ya~Kennedy*

drea :: dre of white stables said...

You're such a sweet family! He's adorable!


P.S. You're it! See my blog...

Anonymous said...

Well well well Kari and I have joined the ranks of parenthood Eva Jean Hatley was born 3/15/08 5lbs 14 oz 20 in long!! Karii was also induced bc of high blood pressure. Tal;k to you guys later

Andy Hatley