Monday, December 29, 2008

In Memorium


It is with great sadness that I am writing this.

Today we lost our sweet girl Biskit. She had a wonderful 15 years on this earth, mostly with Jim and ALWAYS with Gravy. She was a loyal and loving girl, always available for a good lapsit and rub. She loved affection and having her picture taken. She battled car engines, many wild animals and diabetes.

Biskit was acting "off" when we came home from visiting my dad on Sunday. She had a runny nose and was quite lethargic. I cleaned her face when I saw her and she seemed to appreciate it. We moved her to her favorite spot, under the Christmas tree and let her rest. On Monday morning she had not moved and could barely pick up her head. I cleaned her face again, hopeful that it was just a cold, and called Jim. By mid-day she was no longer responsive and had very shallow breathing. I picked her up to hold her and wrapped her in a blanket. I petted her and rubbed her face for a while. Jim FINALLY got home and she was gone. He took her to the vet just to make sure and they said that she was indeed gone.

That's it. She's gone. She was Jim's first baby and Riley and Jack's first cat. We all love her dearly and will miss her tremendously.

Every once in a while, I'll see her out of the corner of my eye. I turn and realize, she's not here but she is still in our hearts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...the poor baby. I am sorry for it. How is Gravy doing? My mom's cat just passed a couple weeks ago and another friend of mine's cat is going to pass any day. It's so sad! She was such a loving kitty.

Anonymous said...

crap...KK wrote the "anonymous" note...i forgot to sign it.

Andrea said...

*sniff* I'm sorry sweetie. ((hug))

drea :: dre of white stables said...

I'm so sorry. We lost our cat a week and a half ago and have been heartbroken. I definitely feel for you. =( ((hugs))

Vic said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Biskit. She was so loving and sweet. I know you guys will miss her so much.

Vicki

Anonymous said...

That is so sad to hear. Hope Gravy is doing okay. They were both such sweeties last time I saw them.
-Leslie