Monday, December 7, 2009

I was attacked...by a labradoodle!

I've just started running and decided to go out by myself for the first time.

I was running along, minding my own business when a dog came out and bit me. He had ahold of my thigh and my pants. I had to yank my pants from his chompers. I am not normally afraid of dogs but this scared the crap out of me!

I called Jim and started crying. He went into fight mode and decided to call the police. I got picked up by a cruiser and taken to the house. The owner was cited (nearly $600!) and I was asked if I wanted to press charges. I decided not to but we'll see how it plays out!

The dog broke the skin but I'm ok. I've cleaned it all up and it'll be fine.

Here's a pic...just incase you're into that sort of thing! ;-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG that's soo scary and awful!
Good thing you had your phone! Are you going to go to the Dr. to get it checked out? Do you know the dog's owners?

Kim Eckhardt said...

Now you have your excuse not to run for a long time. ;) Sorry that happened. I got bitten by a German Shepherd when I was a teenager. I'll never forget that.

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Oh my gosh. I'm SO glad you're ok!

Morgan said...

Hey, you're lucky that you found the owner! I got bitten a few years ago and they never found the dog that did it, so the CDC sent me a letter telling me I had to get rabies shots! I hope you are feeling better, dog bites hurt worse than most would imagine!