Sunday, June 29, 2008

Move over Martha...

Today was a GREAT day!

After reading some things online about making jam, I decided that I wanted to make some. I've wanted to do it before (after buying bushels of berries from the farmers market) but never had the courage. I kept reading that it "wasn't that hard" "was easy" or "was easier than expected."

As soon as everyone awoke from nap, we ventured out to The Peach Stand (a Fort Mill landmark) and bought some peaches. We headed to HT after that for some strawberries.

I came home, sanitized everything and started chopping. We followed the directions and IT WAS EASY!!!! :-)

I jarred it, proccessed it and voila! I made strawberry jam!
Move over Martha...

3 comments:

mamafish said...

Ok Martha the 2nd, those look scrumptious! I am hoping to follow your lead with my grape jam soon enough. Thanks for showing me that one can attempt to make jam and come out alive, pleased and with treats.

Anonymous said...

Those look so delicious. Yummy!!!

Vicki and Jordan

Momma to LG said...

WOW!!! Very impressed.