Thursday, September 25, 2008

Get Your Butt Out There!

My entire life I've danced the line between being an introvert and being an extrovert. My old friends will tell you that I'm wide open, while others that don't know me as well think I'm shy and maybe even unapproachable. I decided two weeks ago to commit to becoming more active in my own life. This started with actually participating in group activities with my local moms club.

I had had a bad run in with a mom, so I was a bit hesitant, but decided to go for it. The first thing was a coffee date, then a backyard playdate, then meeting up with various moms for walks, etc. I have met MANY wonderful women and tons of adorable kids in just two short weeks.

I can honestly say that I am happier than I have been in a long time. :-) Zoloft and the company of peers can do wonders for a woman!

So, I have a challenge for all of my readers. Do something today that makes you uncomfortable. It will be rewarding!

No comments: