Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When I get mad....

Really, really mad! It's not pretty.

Let me start off by saying, I don't feel well. I've felt like crap all day. I've just trudged through and made the day go on. That said, I may feel completely different in the morning...but this is my take on things...now, at 11:15pm.

We have these neighbors. We'll call the wife, Ana and the husband, well, we'll call him ADD-DAD. Ana is nice enough, but always runs inside when people are out. ADD-DAD is a nut that races by on his rollerblades about 50 times a night, going about 50 miles an hour. They often spend most of the evening outside playing with their kids. Good for them. The kids seem happy.

Ana and ADD-DAD live next to a man we call Hans (as in Hans Christian Anderson). Hans and his three kids live there. They are from Germany and that's really all I can think to say about them.

Today, we pull onto our street and see a big azz Hummer on the opposite side of the road and Ana and ADD-DAD and the daughter hanging in Hans' driveway. I try to move around the weiner mobile and ADD-DAD flips out his "KIDS at play sign." Whatever. It's then that I realize that it's Hans driving the WM and let him manuver that ridiculous vehicle in his teeny driveway. As I pull away, ADD-DAD crosses his arms indignantly and gives me the stink-eye.

(Let's note that I have spoken to ADD exactly ONE time and the whole time he was twitching. Since they are outside so much, I've said hello often but been greeted with a fake smile.)

I drop Jim and the kids off at the house and leave (I had to go to Harris-Teeter if you must know). I make sure to go EXTRA slow to make it clear to ADD that I am ready for a duel. He turns around as I am half way up the street. He gave me the indignant stink-eye again and I returned the favor. I had all but stopped where he was standing. I was going REALLY SLOW. I even turned around to make sure he KNEW I was standing him down.

Let me also say that he moved his ridiculous sign into the road by now. I want to run over that damn thing. It's NOT an invisible sheild for your kids! I drive slowly down our street, but if your kids are launching themselves off your driveway and into the street...this is their issue...not mine.

That was that. I did a lot of thinking on my way to and from HT. I decided that if he was still there, I was going to stop and kiss his azz. He wasn't, so I didn't.

I'm still pissed though. What a jerk.

No comments: