Monday, July 28, 2008

What's up CRAZY?!

As many of you all know, Roo is still not potty-trained. Ok, maybe I've failed as a mother, but I really don't think so. :-)

I had a mom offer me the book, Toilet Train in Less Than a Day. I decided to email her and see what it was all about. Later, I headed over to her house to pick it up. **Keep in mind, I do not know this woman.

I was expecting a normal interaction...that was not what I got.


Me: Hi, I'm here to pick up the potty training book.

Her: Oh, ok. Here, can I interest you in the potty seat? Do you have undies? Because I have some that I need to take back to Babies R Us. If you're going there, maybe you can return mine for me.

M: Um, no, we already have all of that stuff.

H: Oh that's too bad. You want to know what the real issue is? You have to show your child who is boss. You know? It's not up to them if and when they train, it's up to you.

M: Ok?

H: If my son doesn't want to go pee on the potty, I will put him on the potty. If he tries to get up, I will spank him on his bottom, right there.

M: *thinking* wow, issues much?

H: Really, it's about control. Who's running your house?!


The conversation went on and on from there. It was really sketch. She went on and on about how she has 4 kids and she's trained them all and homeschooled and blah blah blah. Later her son came out to ask her a question. That went like this...


Her: Blah Blah Blah. I'm awesome, I'm a control freak, call me mommy dearest. (Ok she didn't say that, well atleast not verbally)

Her Son: Um, excuse me mom...

H: Hmpht...Son, you need to give me eye contact. Shut the door and try again.

HS: *Shuts the door, opens it again* Um, excuse me mom...

H: You need to pause and give yourself a second. Close the door and try again.

Me: *thinking* WTF lady?! You are NUTZ!

HS: *Shuts the door, opens it again* (pause, pause, pause) Um, excuse me mom...can I look up the movie times for this weekend?

H: No, that was not important enough to interupt me. Close the door and go inside.

*Son closes door*


At this point I'm like, get me the hell outta here. This is crazy. I was backing down the stairs and she kept following me. Down the walkway, she's right behind me. It was 15 of hell. It was 15 minutes out of my day that I wish I had back!

I seriously felt completely berated but left thinking WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! What's up CRAZY?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG---she's got 4 kids who will have some serious therapy later.

Anonymous said...

That is crazy. Save yourself the pain next time and just order the book. Ofcourse it was a learning experience of how many things you will NEVER do to your children.