Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Things that go bump in the morning...

More specifically Jack!

This morning we had two easy risers and two sleepy parents in one bed. My belly was feeling off so I got up and went into the bathroom. Next thing I hear is "boom boom bump boom WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Jim is screaming my name. Roo is calling my name. I come out and find Jack bleeding on Jim's shirt. ACK! I start to feel faint and a bit nauseated. I run back into the bathroom and dry heave a few times. This did not just happen. Jack did NOT fall down the stairs, right?

Well, he did. Luckily the blood was from his busted lip. His lips swelled a bit at first but then went down. I thought we needed to head to the hospital but Jim called the pediatrician. They walked him through several tests and Jack passed them all with flying colors. He was acting fine and even laughing and clicking his tongue at us. The nurse said to check him every few hours but he's probably fine.

I inspected him and he really did seem fine. Is that possible that he actually flipped down 10 stairs and wasn't really injured? Apparently.

As the day went on, the fall was but a distant memory. I don't think I will ever forget it and I KNOW Jim wont.

And that is the story of Jack and the 10 step tumble.

7 comments:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Poor little Jack! I'm glad he's ok!!

mamafish said...

As horrid as it is, did you snap a pic of his war wound? I remember my brother being a true rough and tumble toddler boy. Many a picture was taken where he had a black eye. Warrior! I am glad Jack Jack is fine. Seems they are pretty resilient. Scary though...

Vic said...

OUCH!!! You and Jim were probably more shaken up over this than Jack.

Vic

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Jack is okay...Natalie falls into stuff all the time and constantly has a scrape or bruise on her head! Makes me feel like a bad parent!! It's amazing how fast the kid gets over it, and the parent is shaken up for a long time! :)

Anonymous said...

crap, I forgot to put my name at the end of the response. The one above is mine...Katie :)

Unknown said...

Now you know exactly how I felt when you rolled down our WOODEN!! stairs at just about the same age...It is really scary when your treasure, your baby takes a tumble. I am so glad that Jackie is OK and clicking.
Love
Papa

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing when I was a baby. My Aunt was living upstairs at the house we were in and the door wasn't closed all the way one day. Somehow I discovered this and decided to go upstairs, I guess to see her. All my dad heard was the bumps back down and then me screaming my lungs off. It scared the crap out of him and my Aunt. I don't think my mom was home at the time.
I'm glad Jack is ok. It probably scared him more than it actually hurt him.
hugs to you and the family ~KK*