Thursday, January 29, 2009

Your Honor, I throw myself on the mercy of the courts...

Last night there was a suspicious looking envelope in our mailbox. York County Courthouse. I've already served my duty...so it definately isn't mine. Addressed to Jim. No biggie. He's never served jury duty.

He opened it up (ok, ok, I opened it up) and it said he was due to serve on Monday, January 16th at 2:00pm. The issue? We will still be at WDW!

He called today and started speaking with the first person who answered the phone. A man. He explained the situation and asked when he could make it up or what he could do. The guy asks, "Where are you going?" Jim said Orlando. The guy rattled on and on about travelling and going to Orlando, etc. Then he said, "Well, I'm Judge Ward and I certainly won't make you change your business plans. So just don't worry about it. We'll catch you next time."

OH MY GOD! The Judge was answering the office phone? The Judge just letting him off the hook?!

There is truly something to be said for living in Mayberry. :-)

No comments: