Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In Recovery

My mom had yet ANOTHER biopsy on the tumor behind her eye today. I've spoken with the doctor and all went well. He got several biopsies done and they all look like they are scar tissue and not CANCER! YAY for that! (But this also brings up...WHY IN THE HELL did Chapel Hill think that she needed to go through chemo! What a friggin waste!)

The next step is figuring out a plan of action for her tumor. It's causing a good amount of pressure (and pain) so we'd like to have that removed while saving her eye.

Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:

drea :: dre of white stables said...

I'm so glad to hear it isn't cancer! I hope they're able to figure out a good course of action soon so she'll be feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about all of you. I'm glad to hear it's not cancer, what a relief for you guys! :)

Katie

Kim Eckhardt said...

Sorry to hear everything that your mom is going through. No one should have to deal with that. :(

mamafish said...

You know I am thinking of you working this out with your mom. Shout at me whenever you need to. It is so hard to help someone make major health decisions and when it is a close family member-often harder with the emotional connections. I am glad the biopsies came back clean. Hope they can figure out a plan with you on removing the tumor. Hugs!