Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ashes, Ashes, we all fall down!

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of lent.

I am trapped at home with two sick kids and am awaiting the return on one sick husband. How much more fun can my life get? Seriously?

Roo had a fever yesterday of 102.6! :-( I knew she wasn't 100% but I had NO IDEA! She's been getting doses of dimetapp and tylenol and seems to be on the mend.

Jack is currently in his bed, head down, screaming. I wish, o wish he would go to sleep. He's crabby, tired and snotty.

Can life get any better?

Sure it can. Jim and I also decided what we are going to give up for lent...

Swearing for Jim (not me because I *LIKE* swearing!)

Candy and sodas for me. Sure, it's ambitious, but it's only 40 days. Right? I figured it was a nice little companion to my Weight Watchers saga (I'm on day three of re-start #50).

That's the long and short.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am giving up chocolate for lent! I told some of my coworkers to smack my hand if they saw going for some. ~KK*

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain...we had the girls last night, and Boo had a cold, then she woke up throwing up this morning! So I'm sure we are all going to get the stomach bug, but I'm praying we don't! Hope the kids are feeling better today!!

Katie

Kim Eckhardt said...

Look at it this way, at least you're at home with the kids and you're not having to figure out what to do about work. That would be worse. Hope your family starts feeling better soon. :)