Monday, May 19, 2008

Save the drama for your mama...

Or someone other than me.

Today was day one of Roo being home and day two of Roo potty training. What a dramatic/traumatic day.

Yesterday Roo had one success. Today there was 7!!! WOO WHOO! The only problem? Each potty trip has been filled with screaming and tears. She is desperately trying to hold it in, which just makes it all the worse. Luckily she sat down pretty easily, so it's not as is **I** am torturing her.

Keep on rooting for us. I think it's working...but man, this is hard. Who knew?!

1 comment:

Kim Eckhardt said...

Elizabeth, I just caught up on your blog. Good stuff. :) Potty training is hard. You may want to give her a few m&m's after she goes potty (it worked for one of my friends.) Have her wear a pull up to your dads. Trust me on this one. I won't go into the details but it's not pretty. Always carry extra clothes with you. Or two sets. And a ziplock bag.

When Owen was potty training, his catch phrase was "bipers (not diapers because he couldn't say the word) are kewl, momma." How in the heck do you argue with a 2 1/2 year old's logic like that? Once he decided that bipers weren't cool, he was trained (day and night) in two days. It took Shane 6 months. I hope R goes Owen's direction and not Shane's!

Oh...and once she starts training at night, take her right before you go to bed. The boys only woke up long enough to pee and then went right back to sleep. But, Shane had a pull up on until he was 3 1/2 (he was trained at 2 1/2) because then I had Owen and I couldn't deal with Shane having accidents at night and Owen being a baby. You are braver than I was.

Good luck!