Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Eagle Has Landed!

As you all know, I've been trying to coax Roo into potty training. I said way back when that I would just take a laid back approach. Other than the week of hell, I have been. I'll encourage her to try once or twice a week and see where it goes. Usually she says no. Fine. She will go after a bath, but no other time.

Today was a different story. I was putzing around in our room this morning when I hear her clunking around the bathroom. Usually that means she's up to trouble. Namely, eating toothpaste, ick! I called to her to ask what she was up to. She responded, "I gotta go pee!" I go in to check on her. She's not sitting on the potty, she's just standing there. I quickly help her get her diaper off and she sits down. She goes!!!!!!!!

I asked her if she would like to wear undies today, rather than crunchy ol' diapers. She takes me up on the offer!! I reminded her every hour and she went!!! She had one accident all day!! It was amazing.

We even ventured to the Dollar Store today in undies ONLY!!! So exciting! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Roo!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

Yea!! Way to go, Roo!

Momma to LG said...

Yeah Roo!!!!!

mamafish said...

Yay for Roo! Congrats to da' mama! You will find out how wonderful it is without the dipes!

Unknown said...

That is so great!
I knew that she would pick her time and that would be it.
What a Princess! XOXOXOXO,
Papa Dore