Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Get yourself a Walmartz name...

I frequent an online bulletin board for moms. One of the most common topics is wierd names or spellings. They have been dubbed "Walmartz names". These names would be unisex names, kre8tively spelled names, made up names or blatantly misspelled names. You get the picture.

Riley would be considered a Walmartz name. But Ryleigh, Rilee, Rylee, or Wryley would be more kre8tive. Kennedy is now considered a Walmartz name (sorry K-K). Kre8tive ways to spell it would be Kynedie, Kenidy, Kenehdeigh, or Kenadee.

Many people get defensive about having a Walmartz name, while others, like me, have embraced it. Sure, my child has a Walmartz name. I'm ok with that, because I love her name. I have in turn started to help create kre8tive spellings for us with "non-Walmartz" names. I prefer the spelling Ehlysuh'byth. For my friend Hanna, I've come up with Geo'Hanuh, J'hanya or Heanauh.

My dear daughter has become a kre8tive namer with out even realizing it. She has started naming all of her babies.

The names are as follows:

Yahboo (the first)
Come
Cama
Ubu
Wyrey
Wahwoe
Do'wah
Keely
Glorah
Kai-lyne
Finkle Lee
Came

The funniest one came up this week. Her beautiful Bitty Baby twin boy is name.....

STEAK!

What a wierdo. :-) I guess my grandchildren will have themselves some kre8tive names!


So, if u wantz a Walmartz name, you just hollah at me!

1 comment:

mamafish said...

I love it! I guess I will be each different persona for each name you kre8ted. I like how Johanna turned into J'hanya. I think I will start with that one.

T'anks!
J'hanya