Saturday, August 16, 2008

Obessions

Everyone is prone to having an obsession or two. They sort of come in and go out. Following ebb and flow is kind of strange too. Something can come up and suddenly you're all over it. As easily as it comes, it can go away. From foods, to crafts, to politics, to technology, to news, to toys, to the environment and many more. It simply goes on and on.

Roo's obsessions are birthdays and birthday parties. She loves them! I mean LOVES them! We went to a "Chick-a-lay" birthday today and as we were leaving she started asking, "ok, who's birthday is next?!"

Jim's obsession is music. This includes his iPod and Sirius Radio. He's always loved music but this incorporates into every aspect of his life. Sharing music and creating slide shows with music is the way that Jim shows love.

My obsession is not quite as lovely. I'm absolutely enthralled with the story of Caylee Anthony. She is a 2 year old little girl who "went missing" this summer. Her mom says that she knows where she is, yet wont share. As of today, she is sitting in jail under suspicion (duh!). She was charged with neglect and child endangerment. In my mind, she has done something with her child that is completely heinous and unforgivable. I don't know what she did exactly, but I know it's not right. I know this little girl is dead and hidden away somewhere. I check the news about 10 times a day, watch Nancy Grace and Greta VanSusteren. I can't get enough of it. I'm just sick over this little girl. Breaks my heart.

So, what's your obsession?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am GLUED to Greta everynight to hear the latest on Caylee. She is 3 now which makes it even worse since I have a 3 year old and cannot imagine ever getting to that point.

Anonymous said...

You have a pretty good idea about my obsession(s)...but I'll share the biggie...HARRY POTTER! ~KK*