Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mmmmm....COOKIES!

The inherent problem with cookbooks for me is that I like the really junky recipes. You know the sort...breads, cakes, cookies...

I received this book Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld for Christmas. It's a pretty darn good read and has some really enjoyable recipes to boot! Out of the 10 or so that we've tried, we've LOVED all but one or two. Really, J loved them all. It was me who was a little pickier. Miss picky-picky (Roo) has had little to do with any of them (let alone any real food). Such is my life!

Tonight I decided to bust out the chocolate chips and make some chocolate chip cookies. These had chick peas in them. Sure, they are no Toll House Cookies, but these suckers were pretty good...and low fat too!


Roo hated them ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wanna share that recipe? i would love to see if i could trick my fam-esp j who would never eat them if i told him what they were made of....

Andrea said...

Chick peas i cookies??? Can you blame her for hating them?! HAHA. I'd actually like that recibe too. I make some really good chocolate chip cookies that use honey instead of sugar and applesauce for half the butter.... can't even tell!